Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Bracelet

This jewellery is a bracelet type but its called kada or bangadi in Hindi. Usually North Indians wear this, but of late many South Indians also buy these. It usually comes in one piece but there are also pairs of bracelets. This is worn to parties or weddings.


There are huge ones which looks very beautiful and they are usually with lots of filigree, stones, enamel and ornate work. When I get hold of an image of one those, will publish the image. I approached a jewellery shop for a few photos of our traditional south Indian jewellery today. He refused to share photos and said that all were jewellery designers' collections and only if I buy them will show them. (I cant be buying every jewellery that needs to be photographed!) I had to convince him that I am not going to steal his designs but only want to write about those. I also told him that I did not want the latest designer ones but the old traditional wedding jewellery photos. He has agreed. However he did not want me to take the photos, said that he will ask his photographer to send it. Good because either way I am not good at taking photos of jewellery, but I love to write about jewellery. Waiting for the images with my fingers crossed. By the way those jewellery people are our family friends so that is the reason I approached him. I cannot gatecrash to any jewellery shop and demand for photosJ






No comments:

Post a Comment