Friday, April 25, 2014

Trendy earrings

Really busy making lots of sets for the upcoming Terracota exhibition.

The work never seems to end.

Preparing clay, forming designs, baking, painting. Every step is a long process.

I used to enjoy painting, but when you have 100s
of sets of terracota jewellery staring at your face to be painted, it becomes a daunting task.

And I always never think to paint few pieces in similar colors. I keep thinking of different color combinations for each. So that is really daunting.

I know its some time since I have written about jewellery. But very soon. One of my student is getting married this week and she has promised me to get photos of Kerala jewellery. (This is the neighbouring state to my state). The brides are decked with light weight jewellery from neck to waist. I am not kidding. There will not be any gap. That is their style of wearing jewellery especially weddings. Only the bride.

I will also be posting pictures of terracota jewellery. And the exhibition too.



No comments:

Post a Comment